Building wealth in your 40s can be one of the most lucrative times. Most people…
Choosing Ethical Investing for You and Your Children’s Future
Every responsible parent dreams of giving the best to their children. Although they cannot prevent any bad things from happening to them, the least they can do is prepare for them. Ethical investing in Australia is one of the best things that a parent can do, but not everyone knows where to start.
Choosing to invest ethically is a great way to invest in alignment with your values. But, it can be a challenge to find the right investments that meet your ethical requirements. As always, be sure to weigh the pros and cons of any investment opportunities before choosing a particular investment to add to your portfolio. Whether you invest ethically or not, risks are always there, and you must understand what you’re getting into so as not to put your future finances in peril.
Let this article tell you what you need to know about investing for your kids’ future.
What to Keep in Mind
Before looking out for your children, your first goal is to look out for yourself first. It is vital to invest in yourself because you should set an excellent example for your kids. At the same time, you will be able to teach them what they need to do to achieve their dreams. With this in mind, here are helpful things you can do to make the best investments for your child:
- Invest Early: It is always ideal to start early to save for the future. Start investing when your child is still young.
- Diversify: It is always recommended to diversify not just for safety but also for your money’s growth.
- Practice Risk Management: It is always ideal to practice better financial discipline, particularly in your investments. Do not be tempted to invest in an asset that promises huge gains overnight. Remember, your children will benefit from your investments in the long run. Do not risk it for short term gain.
- Pay Attention to What You Invest In: Make sure that you invest in something that you fully understand and understand its risk. If you are unsure whether your investment choice meets your ethical investment principles, you can check their rating here.
Your Three- to Five-Year Goal
If you need to achieve your financial goal in three to five years, your goal should be clear. It should be specific, realistic, and clearly defined. It would be best if you also wrote it down. Seeking help from a professional financial adviser should help you determine what steps you need to take to reach your idealistic goal.
Furthermore, it is important to discipline yourself to stick to your planned investment strategy. The most common means to achieve your financial goal quickly is to save more cash, lower your expenses, find other means for income, and maximise the savings you can get from your other investments.
Long-Term Financial Goals
A long-term investment is meant to match your long-term goals. It will take time and discipline. Make sure to make a plan and follow through to ensure your goals match your strategies on ethical investing in Australia.
If you are leaning towards this goal, here’s what you should remember:
- Set Your Targets: It is always ideal to set your targets and build your success plan to achieve them.
- Identify Your Risk Tolerance: Since you are not in a rush, you need to invest your money properly by identifying your tolerance to risk.
- Know the Market: It is always ideal to know where you invest. What are the current market trends? What can you gain from this market trend? You also need to understand how the market will change in the future.
- Stay Up to Date: Have a clear view of what is happening in the market by monitoring and analysing market trends.
- Find a Good Financial Adviser: Depending on your financial goals, having a financial adviser can be a prudent move. It is ideal to know what your financial adviser is doing with your money and what your financial adviser can do for you.
With a disciplined long-term investment strategy, you will be able to reach your financial goals in the long run.
Ethical Investing in Australia: Get Started Today!
Investing for your children is one of the best and most selfless things parents can do. It is not only a way of providing security for them when they grow older but also a way of giving them the best opportunities that they might not be able to achieve if they did not have their parents to help them along the way.
Through ethical investing, you are not only providing financial support through the financial plan you have made for them, but you are also investing in a better future for your children by investing in companies that hold good environment, social and governance credentials.
For more investment advice, contact us at Coastal Advice Port Macquarie. We have expert financial advisers in Port Macquarie ready to help you. Let our financial advisers assist you in achieving your financial success and security for you and your family. Book a complimentary meeting today.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this publication are solely those of the author; they are not reflective or indicative of RI Advice Group’s position and are not to be attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the express written consent of the author. This information (including taxation) is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice. Newcastle Financial Planning Group, Central Coast Financial Planning Group, Sydney Wealth Advisers, Coastal Advice Port Macquarie and Coastal Advice Ballina Byron are subsidiaries of Coastal Advice Group Pty Ltd which is a Corporate Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group Pty Ltd, ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429.