Building wealth in your 40s can be one of the most lucrative times. Most people…
Retirement financial advisers work with their specialist team to keep up with legislative and product changes to make the best decisions with their clients. It’s essential to have specialised research and technical support to help advisers stay updated on constant changes to investment markets, the economy, and government rules and regulations.
With their depth of knowledge and experience, it’s a smart decision for people considering retirement to utilise the technical skills and product knowledge of retirement financial advisers and their Advice Team so they can achieve their goals and avoid misinformation.
Services of Retirement Financial Advisers
Retirement Financial Advisers can assist you in planning for a successful retirement by providing the following:
- A tailored plan to help you achieve your goals.
- Access to streamlined services, such as master trusts.
- A plan for a steady stream of income.
- A plan for long-term capital growth.
- Advice about how to protect your estate from risk.
- Advice about the structure of superannuation and rollovers.
- Advice for dealing with Centrelink.
- Strategies for minimising taxes.
Getting the Right Retirement Financial Adviser
Once you’re retired, you have to plan your finances for the long-term. Not only do you need to prepare for retirement income, but you also need to plan for healthcare, investment products, and other financial arrangements. Plus the laws and regulations around investments, superannuation, rollovers, tax and social security have become highly complex. Thus, getting retirement advice from a specialist financial adviser is a more convenient, effective option.
You’ll get the best aged care advice when you follow these tips:
- Avoid investments that sound too good to be true. They probably are.
- Always ask for receipts and store all paperwork as part of your due diligence.
- Call potential retirement financial advisers and ask for a copy of their Financial Services Guide (FSG). This legal document proves your prospect is licensed to give aged care advice.
- Also, ask for a copy of their adviser profile.
- Do read and understand all information shared by the retirement financial adviser.
- List your financial goals in order and note when you want to accomplish them.
- Make a list of questions you would like to ask the adviser when you meet for the first time.
- Never sign what you have not read and do not understand.
- Review the retirement financial adviser’s FSG. The document must enumerate what services are being offered, such as preparing a Statement of Advice, counselling on particular products, and recommending investment products (such as insurance products and managed investments).
It must also tell you how the adviser is paid and show if the adviser works for or where they are connected. Check the FSG to see if the adviser holds either a license from ASIC (license holder) or has the authority to represent the license holder (authorised representative).
Consult with Our Experts and Get the Best Retirement Advice for You
Unsure on whether you want to work with an adviser? Consider scheduling a meeting with a professional financial adviser to discuss your options.
Contact Coastal Advice Port Macquarie (CAPM) for more information on retirement planning! We empower clients to enjoy their dream retirement by delivering personalised financial advice in Port Macquarie and the Mid North Coast! Book a complimentary meeting with us today!
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this publication are solely those of the author; they are not reflective or indicative of RI Advice Group’s position and are not to be attributed to RI Advice Group. They cannot be reproduced in any form without the express written consent of the author. This information (including taxation) is general in nature and does not consider your individual circumstances or needs. Do not act until you seek professional advice. Newcastle Financial Planning Group, Central Coast Financial Planning Group, Sydney Wealth Advisers, Coastal Advice Port Macquarie and Coastal Advice Ballina Byron are subsidiaries of Coastal Advice Group Pty Ltd which is a Corporate Authorised Representative of RI Advice Group Pty Ltd, ABN 23 001 774 125 AFSL 238429.